How High Tech Is
Your New Home?
If the latest technology or entertainment options are important in your
new home, add the following questions to your buyer’s checklist.
- Are there enough jacks in every room for cable TV and high-speed Internet
- Are there enough telephone extensions or jacks?
- Is the home prewired for a home theater or multi-room audio and video?
- Does the home have a local area network for linking computers?
- Does the home already have wiring for DSL or other high-speed Internet
- Does the home have multizoning heating and cooling controls with programmable
- Does the home have multi-room lighting controls, window-covering controls,
or other home automation features?
- Is the home wired with multi-purpose in-wall wiring that allows for reconfigurations
to update services as technology changes?
Visit the Consumer Electronics Association (www.ce.org/techhomerating)
for a complete Tech Home ™ Rating Checklist.
Back to Buying a Home
don't hesitate to contact us.