Ten Questions to Ask a Home Inspector
- What are your qualifications? Are you a member of the American Association
of Home Inspectors?
- Do you have a current license? Inspectors are not required to be licensed
in every state.
- How many inspections of properties such as this do you do each year?
- Do you have a list of past clients I can contact?
- Do you carry professional errors and omission insurance? May I have a
copy of the policy?
- Do you provide any guarantees of your work?
- What specifically will the inspection cover?
- What type of report will I receive after the inspection?
- How long will the inspection take and how long will it take to receive
- How much will the inspection cost?
Portions adapted from Real Estate Checklists and Systems and used with permission
Back to Buying a Home
don't hesitate to contact us.