Tips for Holding a Yard Sale
Hold a yard sale to reduce the clutter in your home and get
rid of items you don’t want to move.
- Check with your city government to see if you need a permit or license.
- See if neighbors want to participate and have a “block” sale
to attract more visitors.
- Advertise. Put an ad in free classified papers, and put up signs and
balloons at major intersections and in stores near your home.
- Price items ahead and attach prices with removable stickers. Remember,
yard sales are supposed to be bargains, so don’t try to sell
anything of significant value this way.
- Check items before the sale to be sure you haven’t including something
you want by mistake.
- Keep pets away from the sale.
- Display everything neatly and individually so customers don’t have
to dig through boxes.
- Have an electrical outlet so buyers can test appliances.
- Have plenty of bags and newspaper for wrapping fragile items.
- Get enough change, and keep a close eye on your cash.
Back to Buying a Home
don't hesitate to contact us.